Picture this: you’ve decided to partner with SupportNinja to outsource some of your customer support, back-office support, content moderation and/or technical support tasks. After some discussions and getting a contract in place, SupportNinja sends you an “Onboarding Survey” link and you ask yourself, “what is this?” You come to realize that it’s a lot of things, but at the heart of it, it’s the first step dedicated to customizing your perfect Ninja team.
A Preview Of Our Onboarding Survey
We know how important it is to have a dedicated team to solve customer issues and complete important tasks, so we’ve created a survey designed specifically to get to the heart of what you are striving to achieve as a company as well as what experience you aim to promise and then provide to your customers. With this information, we can tailor fit your Ninja team’s talents and your success manager’s strategies for your long term success.
Part 1: Getting To Know Your Company
In the survey, we begin by asking questions such as:
- What is the name of your company?
- Who should be involved in the onboarding process?
- What stage is your company in? Are you in the pre-launch stage or do you have 5+ years in the books already?
- What is the long term goal for your company? Are you hoping to scale and sell or grow and maintain?
The purpose of this initial part of the survey is to make sure we’re aligned as a partnership and have all the key stakeholders involved from the beginning.
Part 2: Determining The Type Of Service Your Company Is Looking For
After getting to know your company a bit better, we dive into the core of the surveyーthe types of services we will be performing. They include the following:
- Data Entry
- Content Moderation
- Customer Support
- Technical Support
- Premium Support
- Lead Mining
Once you have selected the service you signed up to receive, we take you to the job profile which includes the specific duties, responsibilities and qualifications of the role. This allows us to reaffirm that your needs and understanding of the throughput from that role is fully aligned with our Recruitment Team. It also ensures we hold true to our standard of finding the right fit for your team, not just anyone for the role.
For example, you may see something like this for a Customer Support Representative role:
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Provides comprehensive and professional customer support to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Communicates with customers through various channels; chat, email & phone.
- Acknowledges and resolves customer complaints.
- Keeps records of customer interactions, transactions, comments and complaints.
- Communicates and coordinates with colleagues as necessary.
- Track record of over-achieving quota.
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
With your guidance, we can further fine tune our search for the right candidate, and also get a better understanding of what tools or platforms your Ninjas will need access in order to best execute their responsibilities.
Part 3: Tracking KPIs, Managing Tickets And Setting Ninja Expectations
This next section is vital to the success of our partnership. It’s where we’ll get a better understanding of what Key Performance Indicators, or KPIs, you’re using and tracking as well as dive into training logistics and customize our approach if necessary. Below are a few sample questions that you may see:
1. Please select all customer support metrics that interest you:
- First Response Time
- Average Handle Time
- Average Resolution Time
- Pick Up Rate (time to answer a call)
- Call or Chat Abandonment Rate
- Call or Chat Missed Rate
- Customer Effort Score
- Project/Task Completion Time
2. Please provide your current team's performance against the KPIs and any context as to why they are not being met (if applicable).
3. Would you prefer to lead the training yourself rather than our in-house trainer taking the lead?
4. How many hours a week would you like to lead a training or be involved in a training course?
Ninjas perform best when the KPI expectations are clear and the goals are the right amount of ambitious and attainable. Our Client Success and Operations Team review your survey responses closely and establish clear milestones in what we call bridge goals . When it comes to tracking the progress of a new Ninja, we use bridge goals to monitor their performance over the course of a three month period to ensure they are staying on target to meet your full KPI expectations.
The End Result? A Custom Team
At SupportNinja, one of our core values is to improve everyday and we take that very seriously. Although there may be bumps along the road, we strive to use them as opportunities to continue to learn and improve. The fact is, we can’t promise a perfect team, but what we can promise is a team tailor-made to meet the needs of your company and the goals you are working towards. In the end, we aim to have a partnership that has a common goal of continually striving for innovation and the best customer experience.