Here at SupportNinja, we respect the privacy of our customers. Keeping our customers’ data protected at all times is our highest priority. This document provides a high-level overview of the security practices put in place to achieve that objective. Have questions or feedback? Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Dedicated Security Team
Our Security Team is comprised of experts dedicated to improving the reliability of our organization. Our team has played lead roles in designing and building highly secure Internet-facing systems at companies ranging from startups to large public companies. Our employees are trained in Incident Response, Root Cause Analysis, and are on call 24/7/365.Our Security Team is comprised of experts dedicated to improving the reliability of our organization. Our team has played lead roles in designing and building highly secure Internet-facing systems at companies ranging from startups to large public companies. Our employees are trained in Incident Response, Root Cause Analysis, and are on call 24/7/365.
3. Infrastructure And Security Protection
All of our services run in the cloud. We don’t host or run server software, DNS or data-hosting servers on our network. We monitor and protect our network just the same, to make sure no unauthorized access is performed using:
- Internal Access and Authentication controls
- Stateful Packet Inspection Firewall that monitors and controls all network traffic
- Virtual LAN (VLAN) segments
- External log archiving and gap/throttle monitoring to indicate security events.
- Multiple fiber uplinks to eliminate single point of failure, and to provide encrypted remote connectivity for agents abroad.
4. Data Encryption
- All forms of network connectivity must meet NIST and PCI compliance, we use strong PFS (Perfect Forward Secrecy) ciphers and algorithm preferences for both client and server endpoints.
- All data sent to or from our infrastructure is encrypted in transit via industry best practices using Transport Layer Security (TLS), minimum version of 1.2
- You can see our SSLLabs report here.
5. Encryption At Rest
All of our user data (including passwords) is encrypted using battled-proofed and computationally expensive encryption algorithms in the database layer, and is accessed via an encrypted database wrapper to prevent PII leakage via database vulnerability.
6. Data Retention And Removal
We retain our users data for a period of 90 days after the trials end. All data is then completely scrubbed then removed from the dashboard and server. Every user can request the removal of usage data by contacting support. Read more about our privacy settings at supportninja.com/privacy.
7. Business Continuity And Disaster Recovery
We back up all our critical assets and regularly attempt to restore the backup to guarantee a fast recovery in case of disaster. All our backups are encrypted.
8. Network Security Monitoring
- We use a security monitoring solution to get visibility into our application security, identify attacks and respond quickly to a data breach.
- We use technologies to monitor exceptions, logs and detect anomalies in our applications.
- We collect and store logs to provide an audit trail of our applications activity.
- Security events are logged and notifications are sent in case of critical attacks to allow for fast remediation.
9. Responsible Disclosure
We encourage everyone that practices responsible disclosure and comply with our policies and terms of service to participate in our bug bounty program. Please avoid automated testing and only perform security testing with your own data. Please do not disclose any information regarding the vulnerabilities until we fix them. Rewards are done at our discretion depending on the criticality of the vulnerability reported. You can report vulnerabilities by contacting email@example.com or submitting a vulnerability to our HackerOne profile. Please include a proof of concept. We will respond as quickly as possible to your submission and won’t take legal actions if you follow the rules.
10. User Protection
We utilize 2-factor authentication for accounts and logins when possible to protect our clients and agents.
Account Takeover Protection
We protect our users against data breaches by monitoring and blocking brute force attacks at a network level.
Role-Based Access Control
We utilize Advanced role-based access control (RBAC) when possible to define users, roles, and permissions.
Suspicious User Behavior Monitoring
We monitor suspicious network behavior and react swiftly to prevent account takeovers. This monitoring also protects customers against data theft by blocking credential smuggling attacks and brute force attacks based on human behavior analysis.
Sqreen is not subject to HIPAA compliance. We offer HIPAA/BAA agreements to enterprise companies that need to comply with HIPAA regulations.
EU-U.S. And Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
Our company conforms with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks for regulating data privacy between the European Union and the United States.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We’re compliant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The purpose of GDPR is to protect the private information of EU citizens and give them more control over their personal data. Contact us for more details on how we comply to GDPR.
12. Payment Information
All payment instrument processing is safely outsourced to Bill.com (via FirstData) and/or Quickbooks which is certified as a PCI Level 1 Service Provider. We don’t collect any payment information and are therefore not subject to PCI obligations.
13. Employee Access
- Our strict internal procedure prevents any employee or administrator from gaining access to user data. Limited exceptions can be made for customer support.
- Our employees sign a Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement to protect our customers sensitive information.