Two decades ago, companies began outsourcing their business processes and customer service to offshore locations to help cut costs and focus on core business activities. 2019 has been a year of global innovations, like automation, that questioned the necessity of the BPO industry.
As they should, companies have experimented with automating their first line of defense and putting the process management in the hands of A.I. The question – where exactly does outsourcing fit in all of this? Is it still NECESSARY to outsource your phone, email, or chat support?
Let the Customer Service professionals do what they’re good at.
One of the top benefits of outsourcing your customer service is being able to boost the quality of your first line of defense at a lower cost. Customers are usually burdened with having to navigate complex phone menus, wait on hold, and explain their issue to representatives several times before even getting close to a solution.
Outsourcing customer service has since changed the game by enabling companies to outsource their issues and complaints to a third-party service, one that is specifically optimized to customer service issues. The BPO industry pulled this off by providing focused training for their customer support yielding a significant increase in quality.
Outsourced Customer Service teams will focus on your customers – letting you focus on the core of your business.
You can focus on what’s important such as managing and scaling your business while your outsourced team takes care of the recruitment and training process to guarantee constant improvement of your customer service.
The challenges of having to short-list applicants and train them individually will be taken off your hands. Outsourcing companies have the capability to create an updated process structure even before they hire your people which can allow you to breeze through the entire process without having to worry about the specifics.
How YOU can make outsourcing Customer Service worth it.
Of course, there are limitations and hindrances in outsourcing your customer service. But you can easily make it work if you know what you’re looking for. Here are a few things you need to consider when finding the right outsourcing company to ensure the best results.
- Do your research. Does the company have a notable Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) rating? If yes, you’re on the right track.
- Collaborate with your outsourced team. Yes, they are an external team, but that doesn’t mean you can’t sync up. The more they know about your company, the better they can defend it from angry customers.
- Skip through all the bells and whistles. You don’t need BS when it comes to outsourcing. No one likes hidden costs.
- Find exclusive agents. You don’t want to share them with other clients. If you could find a team that’s focused on providing service to a single client, don’t think twice. Having your outsourced team all to yourself means they will work closely enough with you and potentially become almost like an extension of your in-house team.
- Make sure your agents are taken care of. There’s not much to say here. If your outsourced team is well taken care of, they will provide you with higher quality output.
- You can equip your personalized support team with the latest automation technology. Why choose one when you can have both?
Outsourcing your customer service is definitely worth it. As long as you know where to look and what to look for you can absolutely find an outsourced team that will help you and your business achieve better results with only a fraction of the cost. Taking advantage of the packages that come with outsourced teams, like the bundled recruitment, training and management of your team while getting them equipped with the latest tools, you can get the most out of outsourcing your customer service.